Have you changed your bank account ?


In light of the withdrawal of Ulster Bank and KBC Bank from the Irish market, Revenue have reminded people that have been affected to update their bank details for tax purposes.

Extract from their reminder is reproduced below : 

Updating your bank details

If you have recently changed banking provider, you may need to update your bank account details for tax payments, tax refunds or Local Property Tax (LPT). You can do this through myAccount or Revenue Online Service (ROS) or LPT Online.

To update your bank account details, you will need:

  • the name and address of the financial institution where you hold your new account
  • the account holder name, or names, of the new account
  • the International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
  • the Bank Identifier Code (BIC).

Your IBAN and BIC can be found on your bank account statement or on your online banking service


To update your bank account used for PAYE tax refunds in myAccount:

  • sign into myAccount
  • select 'My Profile'
  • select 'My Details'. Your current bank account details will be displayed.
  • click on 'Edit' to amend these details.


To update your bank details in ROS: 

  • sign into ROS
  • on the ‘My Services’ page, click on ‘Manage Bank Accounts’
  • follow the steps provided to update your bank account details.

This will update your bank account details for ROS Debit Instructions, Direct Debit Instructions (both fixed and variable) and refunds.

Local Property Tax (LPT)

For LPT, you can update your bank account details, manage your payments or change your payment method through the LPT online system. The easiest way to pay your LPT charge is online. You can choose from a wide range of secure payment options. You will need a Property ID, Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) and PIN to access your account on the LPT Online Service

More Details

Ulster Bank 



KBC Bank


Disclaimer :

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of matters covered by this article, no responsibility for loss or damage occasioned by any person acting, or refraining from acting, as a result of matters above. Professional advice should always be sought before acting on any interpretation of matters covered by this article.

2 August 2022